Locations now officially confirmed as benefiting from additional DAB coverage of the national BBC radio networks include Leek in North Staffordshire, Dartmouth, Ayr and Bourne in Lincolnshire. City Centre coverage boosts have occurred in Liverpool and Glasgow.
While coverage of national stations such as BBC Radio 4 Extra and BBC 6 Music are boosted by the additional sites, BBC local radio, carried on local commercial DAB multiplexes, is part of a separate roll-out programme.
The roll-out - the fourth phase of BBC national DAB coverage expansion - has fallen behind the originally announced schedule: the BBC first announced in 2013 that this current phase of DAB coverage roll-out would be concluded by the end of 2015.
Over 96% of UK households are now in the BBC's DAB coverage area.
Additional sites/Grid Ref/Effective Radiated Power
- Leek (SJ999561) 0.6 kW serving Leek, Staffordshire
- Kingswear (SX887511) 0.4 kW serving Dartmouth
- St John's Beacon (SJ348903) 0.5 kW serving Liverpool
- Brown Carrick Hill (NS291162) 2.4 kW serving Ayr
- Kirkby Underwood (TF058273) 1.2 kW serving Bourne, Lincolnshire
- Glasgow William Street (NS580654) 0.3 kW serving Glasgow