This section will be updated with the latest updates, usually added within 24 hours.
15th December 2015:
- Channel 201 - NEW 365Travel (COM4/SDN) Text-based service
10th December 2015:
4 changes, 2 additions
- Channel 67 - NEW CBS Reality+1 (COM7)
- Channel 70 - Horror (moved from COM6/ArqB to COM4/SDN)
- Channel 74 - CBS Drama (moved from COM4/SDN to COM6/ArqB)
- Channel 100 - NEW Freeview Information (PSB2/D3&4)
- Channel 790 - CBS Drama Retune slate (COM4/SDN) Will appear on channel 64 prior to retuning.
- Channel 792 - Horror Retune slate (COM6/ArqB) Will appear on channel 70 prior to retuning.
1st December 2015:
- Channel 57 - VIVA (COM7) broadcasting full-time
30th November 2015:
- Channel 77 - Rishtey Europe (COM7) off air, no reason given
25th November 2015:
4 removals (see in conjunction with 17th November)
- Channel 201 - Holidays TV (SDN) - now completely removed.
- Channel 202 - Rabbit (SDN) - now completely removed.
- Channel 203 - Gay Rabbit (SDN) - now completely removed.
- Channel 204 - 121 Dating (SDN) - now completely removed.
19th November 2015:
- Channel 255- Box Nation (SDN/COM4) NEW Streamed/IP channel
17th November 2015:
- Channel 201 - Holidays TV (SDN): Service closed
- Channel 202 - Rabbit (SDN): Service closed
- Channel 203 - Gay Rabbit (SDN): Service closed
- Channel 204 - 121 Dating (SDN): Service closed
9th November 2015:
- Channel 50 - Movies4Men+1 (G_MAN) has switched to a slot on COM7, which means the timeshift channel can now be received outside of Manchester on Freeview HD compatible devices, in all areas where other COM7 services such as BBC Four HD and Motors TV (71) are available. (The main version of the channel is unaffected.)
5th November 2015:
1 addition (streamed channel)
- Channel 244- VISION (SDN/COM4). Sikh Channel added to the portal. Compatible connected Freeview devices only. More information about streamed channels...
29th October 2015:
- Channel 793 - Community (ArqA/COM5) redirection slate removed
26th October 2015:
1 addition, 1 change
- Channel 72 - ITVBe+1 (SDN/COM4). Moved to channel 58
- Channel 82 - NEW True Christmas (Local). Local TV coverage areas only.
Dates may be provisional and subject to change.
The following channels have recently obtained Ofcom licences allowing them to broadcast on Freeview, but further information is currently not available:
Receipt of an Ofcom licence is no guarantee that a station will launch.
You can check which Freeview channels should be available in your area on the official Digital UK postcode checker. The channels that you will be able to receive is also dependent on the state of your aerial, cabling and the type of receiver you use.
Scheduled transmitter maintenance....
What's free on BT Sport Showcase?...
It's ten years since Sky replaced Sky Travel with Sky3, the channel that later became Pick TV (and then just "Pick"). It marked a major change in strategy for Sky, who used the channel as a way of offering Freeview viewers samples of its entertainment programming. At the time, Freeview's popularity was soaring, and commercial operates were willing to pay over £10 million a year to secure a broadcast slot on the platform.
ITV4 also launched ten years ago, originally broadcasting from 6pm. The ITV News Channel paid the price for this new channel: the news channel was pulled at 5:59pm every night to allow ITV4 to start. In December 2005, the News Channel was finally closed down.
On the 1st December 2012, S4C closed its HD channel Clirlun. S4C hopes to restore an HD service in the near future.
Freeview has joined the connected TV revolution with a service that combines regular Freeview and Freeview HD with catch-up and on-demand services, and a backwards scrolling EPG like YouView or Freesat Freetime. Future-proof your Freeview with Humax's new Freeview recorder with Freeview Play for £199 on Amazon.
a516digital derives information from a number of different sources, including individual service providers, platform operators and regulatory organisations. In the absence of official information, a516digital uses broadcast monitoring resources to check for service changes as well as direct observation and reception reports from readers. Information is usually updated within 24 hours, but may take longer to appear if verification is required and is subject to revision. Older pages, including archived items on this website may not reflect the current situation.