There are now 335 transmitters officially in service carrying the BBC National DAB multiplex, which broadcasts digital-only stations such as 6Music and 1Xtra alongside existing FM/AM stations.
71,000 homes have been added to the BBC DAB coverage area as the last holes in coverage are filled in, bringing coverage to 96% of UK homes. The current expansion programme is due to end by December with 97% of UK households due to be within the BBC DAB coverage area.
The full list of areas published by the BBC (including some previously reported on the site):
- Dover, Deal and Hythe, Kent
- Downham Market and Wisbech, Norfolk
- Holywell, Bagillt and Flint, Flintshire
- Skinningrove, North Yorkshire
- Newcastle Emlyn
- Wokingham and Bracknell
- Barrow-in-Furness, Whalley and Clitheroe, Lancashire
- Skegness, Ingoldmells and surrounding areas
- Brixham, South Devon
- Ramsey, Isle of Man
- Ballycastle, north coast of Northern Ireland
In Leicester, there's been a double boost, with the local DAB multiplex for Leicestershire being added to the new City Centre transmitter site, enhancing reception of local BBC station Radio Leicester alongside national services.