Unlike on Freeview, UKTV's services on satellite are encrypted and require a Sky subscription.
In many cases, primary channel numbers remain the same, with changes to the +1 and HD/SD swap channels. Good Food is the main benefactor moving from 244 to 133.
The changes follow Sky's decision earlier this year to merge the lifestyle and entertainment sections its of Electronic Programme Guide.
The changes made today are as follows:
- alibi 132 (unchanged); 226 moved to 247
- alibi +1 196 moved to 226
- Dave 111 (unchanged); 213 moved to 246
- Dave ja Vu 158 moved to 214
- Drama 166 moved to 158
- GOLD +1 133 moved to 166
- Good Food 244/255 moved to 133/255
- Good Food +1 247 moved to 243
- Home 243 moved to 196
- Home +1 246 moved to 244
- Really 245 moved to 155
- Watch/HD 109 (unchanged); 214 moved to 245.
- Watch +1 155 moved to 213
On the list above, where more than one channel number is listed, what you'll see depends if you have Sky HD or not. If you have Sky HD, you'll see the HD service on the first (primary) channel number for each channel, with the standard definition service at the second number. If you only have standard definition Sky, it's the other way around.