During the past two months 14 new transmitters have gone live at locations across southern and south-west England, across Dumfries and Galloway and the Western Isles in Scotland and in Powys, Wales.
The expansion continues to plug holes in coverage for householders and motorists, providing them with access to the full set of BBC national radio stations. In Scotland, this is especially relevant, as households who don't or can't use internet, satellite or cable based radio systems lose access to some of the BBC's digital only stations in the evenings on Freeview, due to capacity limitations.
Update 02/11: The BBC says the coverage boost means 35,000 households are now able to receive BBC DAB for the first time, and 265,000 households can now enjoy improved reception.
SOUTH AND SOUTH WEST ENGLAND
- Alton, Hampshire (for indoor coverage);
- Bampton, Devon (new coverage across Bampton, Shillingford and Brushford areas);
- Beer, Devon (for Beer and improved indoor coverage in Seaton and surrounding areas);
- Findon, West Sussex (new coverage in Findon and along parts of the A24 and A280);
- Sidmouth, Devon (for improved indoor coverage in Sidmouth and Sidford);
- Ventnor, Isle of Wight (new coverage area in Ventnor and improved coverage in Shanklin);
- Winterborne Stickland, Dorset (new coverage across Blandford Forum, Winterborne Stickland, and surrounding areas of North Dorset).
- Kirkconnel, Dumfries and Galloway (new coverage in Kirkconnel and Sanquhar and along the A76);
- Langholm, Dumfries and Galloway (new coverage in Langholm);
- Melvaig, Highland (to improve coverage in Ross-shire and the isles);
- Port Ellen, Isle of Islay, Argyll (new coverage area in Port Ellen and the surrounding areas of the Isle of Islay);
- Skriaig, Skye (new coverage on the Isle of Skye);
- Thornhill, Dumfries and Galloway (new coverage into Thornhill and the surrounding villages).
- Llanidloes, Powys (new coverage area)
The BBC multiplex includes all UK-wide BBC stations. Roll-out of BBC services for the nations and regions, including BBC Radio Scotland is dependent on local multiplex operator roll-out plans and separate to the 97% coverage plans from the BBC.