Starting 7th January on the 500GB and 1TB Freetime HDR-100S and HDR-1010S recorders and continuing on the 8th January for the basic Freetime zapper HB-1000S, the update will add support for remote recordings and reminders from the companion Freesat iOS app, which will be available in the App Store later this month.
According to Freesat, the update will also add improvements to the Freetime Electronic Programme Guide (EPG) and-:
- a confirmation prompt when deleting a recorded series,
- improved stability when changing channels in non-Freesat mode,
- improvements when reading a media list from a NTFS formatted USB device,
- improvements to the display of recorded programmes when switching on from standby,
- improvements when copying media or deleting recordings,
- improved display of server contents in Humax Media Share
- and fixes the issue with the YouTube back key.
Freetime boxes will update automatically.